Nokia X71 aka Nokia 8.1 Plus with 48MP camera to launch on April 2
HMD Global is planning to launch a new Nokia phone in Taiwan on April 2. The company is sending invites for the launch of the Nokia X71, which will be supposedly called the Nokia 8.1 Plus globally.
While the invite does not reveal the design of the Nokia 8.1 Plus, it confirms that it will be HMD’s first phone with a 48MP camera. At the same event, HMD will also announce the Nokia 9 PureView Penta-camera phone for the Taiwanese market.
Nokia 8.1 Plus will also has 48 Megapixels Camera:
The Nokia 8.1 Plus will be part of the current trend of brands launching 48MP phones. While the invite does not specifically mention it, it’s likely that HMD will go with the Sony IMX586 sensor.
As we have seen on the Honor View 20 and the Redmi Note 7 Pro. This will be paired with 120-degree ultra-wide-angle secondary camera, both with Zeiss optics.
Key Specifications of Nokia 8.1 Plus:
- This is not the first time we hear about the Nokia 8.1 Plus. Earlier this year, some renders of the phone were published on the internet, showing off an edge-to-edge display with a punch-hole in the top left corner.
- We have yet to see a Nokia phone with a hole in the display, and it seems very likely that the Nokia 8.1 Plus will come with a punch-hole to house the selfie camera.
- The screen itself should be around 6.22 inches in size, but nothing has been confirmed as of now.
- The rest of the phone should look similar to the recent Nokia phones as we expect a rear glass panel with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- The Nokia 8.1 Plus also comes with a dedicated Google Assistant button and a LED notification power button like Nokia 4.2 and Nokia 3.2.
- The Nokia 8.1 Plus will be Android One device that runs Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box.
- Given the rumored naming scheme, the Nokia 8.1 Plus should be close to the Nokia 8.1, which suggests that the phone will come with a Snapdragon 710 chipset.
- We will have more information about the Nokia 8.1 Plus or Nokia X71 on April 2.